Finding Financial Balance
It is often said that balance is the key to happiness. Financial balance is an important part of a balanced life.
Life can sometimes be like the balance scales our grandmothers used years ago with many different aspects of our beings coming together to balance and form the people that we are. We work and play, rest and expend energy, commune with our bodies and souls, exalt in joy and feel sorrow. Balance is the state that someone achieves when all of the aspects of life and self are in harmony.
What does balance mean to you?
While balance is necessary to have a satisfying, energetic, joyful life, it’s up to each person to determine what balance means to them. Nothing pull us more off balance than financial demands that challenge and wreak havoc on my relationships, health and career.
With your financial house is in order, you’re able to care for others. So that’s why it’s important to devote as much attention to your family’s financial health as you do to your physical health. When your family’s financial house is in order, you are better able to care for others.
Does your life need more financial balance?
The first step in creating financial balance is to take a look at where you are today. Grab a pen and take this quick quiz to find out more …
- Do you avoid thinking about your finances?
- Do you have a realistic financial plan for retirement?
- Are you taking advantage of tax-deferred investments such as RRSPs?
- Do you have a Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP) for your children?
- Are you able to financially support your charities and church as much as you would like?
- Do you have cash reserves to last three months in the event of an accident or disability?
- Could your family live comfortably on your death insurance, disability or critical illness benefits?
- Do you have an estate plan to ensure your family’s financial future?
- Have you reviewed your Will in the past three years?
- Do you have a clear and concise picture of your current financial position?
If you’ve answered NO to more than two questions, your life may need more financial balance. For help in getting your financial needs in balance so you can live a more generous life, contact FaithLIfe Financial.